This notification is required by the Privacy Regulations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).
We may be required to disclose elements of your personal health information under certain circumstances including, but not limited to:
- To any public health agency or authority authorized by law to collect information.
- In response to a court order or other legal proceeding(s).
- If legally required to do so by a law enforcement official (civilian or military).
- To reduce or prevent a serious threat to your health and/or safety, to that of another individual, or to the public health in general.
- For any legally authorized intelligence and/or national security activities as authorized by law.
- For Workers Compensation, Medicaid, Medicare, and similar government health programs.
Outside of the foregoing exceptions, you have certain legal rights regarding your personal health information including, but not limited to:
- You have the right to inspect and obtain a copy of the health information held by RSA including medical and billing records. Any such requests should be submitted in writing to Roxbury Surgical Associates, Inc., 465 N. Roxbury, Suite 1001, Beverly Hills, California 90210.
- You have the right to amend the health information held by RSA should you believe it to be incorrect and/or incomplete. Any such requests should be submitted in writing to Roxbury Surgical Associates, Inc., 465 N. Roxbury, Suite 1001, Beverly Hills, California 90210.
- You have the right to a copy of this notice.
- You have a right to file a formal complaint should you believe that your privacy rights have been violated. Any such complaint must be in writing and may be filed either with RSA or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (or both).
In addition to the above legal rights, RSA will not send you any unsolicited information (including emails regarding any commercial offers or advertisements) at any time unless you specifically "opt-in" to receive such information and/or communications. We value our relationships with our customers and fully respect their privacy.
It should be understood that any non-owned websites referenced within any of our Web Sites (including any Linked websites) are not under the control of RSA and RSA is not responsible for any content contained therein. Any reference or linking to any such non-owned websites are provided solely as a convenience. Further, any such inclusion of any Linked website does not imply in any manner any endorsement of the website (or any of its contents) by RSA.